Welcome to Champions of AgingTM.
Who We Are
The mission of the Champions of Aging ("COA") is to build a future workforce that has an understanding and appreciation of the complexities and individuality of the aging process. Founded in 2018, COA is a pending 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the Internal Revenue Service, organized in the state of Nebraska. COA is proud to make this site (the "Site") available in connection with its Champions of Aging service year program. The Champions of Aging service year program is intended to provide service year opportunities for college students and recent graduates, who will complete paid service at various sites who have a mission and purpose regarding the provision of services, care, and programming for seniors.
COA has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service to pursue public charity status. COA is not legally affiliated with any Home Instead Senior Care® branded foundations, Home Instead, Inc., or any of the independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchised or master franchised businesses.
Use of Site
For purposes of these Terms, a visitor of the Site will be referred to as a "User". Users will also be referred to as "you" throughout these Terms, as appropriate and applicable. The Terms outlined below apply to all Users that visit or participate on the Site.
Rules of Conduct
This Site requires the highest levels of conduct from its Users. To that end, COA retains the right to permanently or temporarily block access to the Site, remove content from the Site, and withhold payments while COA reviews or investigates any suspected misconduct of Users, Donors or Nonprofits that do not comply with the Terms or applicable law.
In using the Site, Users agree to:
- only use the Site according to the Terms and as permitted by the applicable laws and regulations of the United States,
- not use the Site in any manner that could cause damage to the network(s) or system(s) of COA or any of COA's service providers,
- not use the Site in any way that could negatively impact other Users', rights or positive experience using the Site,
- not infringe on any other User's or third party's intellectual property, confidentiality or other rights (including without limitation using a third party’s image, such as in a photograph, without obtaining that person’s prior consent for such use),
- not interfere with the security of the Site in any way, and
- not submit or post any false, misleading or inappropriate information related to the Site or any of its Users.
COA shall be permitted at any time to do, and shall not be liable to any User, Donor, or Nonprofit for any claims arising from COA's election to do, any of the following activities:
- make changes to the Site's content (including to any content that a User may upload to the Site),
- modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Site, including without limitation making modifications to the design, operational method and functionality, technical specifications, system(s) and other functions,
- take any measure that affects the Site's accessibility when COA deems such measure necessary for technical, maintenance, operational or security reasons, and
- provide links to any third party websites that are not owned or controlled by COA for the sole convenience of Users.
COA makes no warranty or representation that:
- access to the Site and its resources will be uninterrupted, error-free or timely,
- the Site will operate at any particular speed or frequency, or
- the resources provided by third parties for inclusion on the Site will be accurate or reliable, and expressly disclaims any liability for such related claims.
For U.S. Donors
Donations that Users wish to make can be made by sending a check, payable to Champions of Aging, to Champions of Aging, 13323 California St., Omaha, NE 68154.
Once submitted, donations are not refundable. Should your transaction be declined by the third-party processor for any reason, the specifics of the transaction will be handled between the third-party processor, the financial institution and you. Declined transactions may be the result of insufficient funds, a compromised credit card that was cancelled, a closed account, or a financial institution's discretion.
Donors are solely responsible for determining the tax treatment of any donations made to COA, and should consult their own tax professionals regarding such tax treatment.
For Non-U.S. Donors
Please consult with your tax or other financial advisor as to the applicable tax treatment of any donation that you elect before you make such donation.
You hereby affirm that you are at least 13 years of age, as this Site is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Site. You further affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. If you are under 18 years of age, you further affirm that you either: (i) are an emancipated minor, or (ii) possess legal parental or guardian consent.
COA does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. We are concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet and, in accordance with the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable legal parental or guardian consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable legal parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information from the Site as quickly as reasonably practical.
Content and Intellectual Property
This Site belongs to COA and contains content and information that belongs to COA or is licensed to COA by its third-party service providers. You agree that the Site and such content belongs exclusively to COA or its third-party service providers, as applicable, and that you neither have nor will acquire any ownership rights to this Site and such content. Use of this Site and its content other than as allowed pursuant to these Terms is strictly prohibited.
Each User, that uses this Site agrees to indemnify, defend and hold COA and Home Instead, Inc. (provides administrative support services to COA), as well as their respective officers, directors, employees, consultants and agents, harmless from and against any losses, costs, claims, demands, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of the User's, use of or inability to use the Site or its services, any alleged or actual violation of any of these Terms or the rights of any third parties, and any alleged or actual violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Use of this Site is at the sole risk of each User. The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, with all warranties disclaimed. COA will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages related to the Site or use of the Site.
In the event of any conflict between any of these Terms and any statement included elsewhere on the Site, these Terms shall govern.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nebraska and each User that visits or uses this Site hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts located in Douglas County, Omaha, Nebraska.
We welcome any questions about Champions of Aging and this Site. Please direct any inquiries to:
Champions of Aging is not legally affiliated with any Home Instead Senior Care® branded foundations, Home Instead, Inc., or any of the independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care master franchised or franchised businesses.